Rapidly expanding Italian menswear designer and retailer in SW3 has an exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant to join on an initial 4 week internship, progressing to a 3 month trial contract, with the possibility of going permanent - all for the right person. Working alongside a Senior Designer, it is important you have good written and spoken Italian and English. A graduate (or similar) YOU MUST HAVE Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as well as good IT skills. Strong organisational skills, good knowledge and background in fashion & being up to date with current trends VITAL.
* Supporting and reporting to the head designer on a day to day basis
* Liaising with the overseas factories
* Organizing the show room
* Assisting in meetings with buyers, taking minutes
* Assisting Production with accessories/fabric calculations and costing
* Trend research and presenting ideas
* General office duties- filing, photocopying, answering phones etc
* Preparing and sending packages, i.e. samples, trims, etc
Requirements: To be eligible for the position you must have:
Hours: TBD, travel paid for during internship. Minimum wage for contract period.
Immediate start ideal.